The audition is fairly simple and made up of 3 parts:
- Learn and be prepared for. The song is "He's Able" by Deitrick Haddon. We'll do the chorus, bridge, and tag of this song. You can find the track on Spotify and YouTube
- A song of your choosing. This will be a capella - no music, just you singing.
- Call and repeat scales. You can find examples of these here, here and here.
- Rehearse thoroughly - your success is directly related to how much you're prepared.
- Ask any questions to Nathan Mellix, Preston Stegall, or Jeremy Bunner to elminate any nerves or fears you may have. We're here to help!
- Practice, practice, practice
On the day of, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure that the auditions do not get behind schedule. Enter and hang out in the front lobby - there will be chairs for you to relax in. If you have in-ear monitors, bring them! If not, no worries.
When it's your time, you'll be brought in from the lobby and up on stage. Vocalists will be given a microphone and Preston will accompany on keys. Band members will pick up their respective instruments and the audition will begin. Nathan will be there to observe and a camera recording the audition.
Note: There will be no feedback provided on the spot - we'll get that to you in the coming weeks.
We will follow up in 1-2 weeks after the audition to let you know how we'll move forward.
In all cases, we will provide constructive feedback. In some cases, we will ask that you rehearse certain skills (which will be pointed out) and try out again in a few months.
Copies of your audition reel will be available upon request.