Who we are
First Church is a true melting-pot of believers who have found freedom in Jesus Christ – and we want as many people as possible to experience that same freedom! We are multi-generational, multi-cultural, multi-national, multi-lingual. Yet, unified in Christ, we celebrate the presence of God, and the purpose of God’s kingdom.
Our services are warm with acceptance and passionate with praise. We are strong in doctrine but not motivated by doctrine – we desire to be motivated by love.
Where we come from
First Church was founded in 1956 and has sought to serve the spiritual needs of Charlotte ever since. We are Apostolic in our heritage, Spirit-filled in our style. Our current bishop, David T. Elms served between 1975 until present. Nathan Elms, our Lead Pastor, has served since 2000.
Where we're headed
It is our passion to be a church that is planted within the Charlotte area like a Tree of Life. Broken people partake and are made whole. Sick people partake and are healed. Spiritual orphans partake and find themselves adopted. These things happen at First Church, and we celebrate them as testimonies of divine love.
What this means for you
What does this mean for you?
• We will accept you as you are, where you are.
• We will nurture and encourage spiritual growth within your life.
• We will provide you a place to Know and Be Known.
• We will seek to help you develop your spiritual gifts.
• We will strive to be a Safe Place, in every way.
• We will strive to help you carry your burdens through prayer and encouragement.
• We will be a good steward of your generosity.
You're welcome at First Church. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you're at in your faith journey, you'll always be accepted as part of the First Church family.
If you're ready to plan your first visit, click here. If you want to learn more about our beliefs as a church, click here. Or if you'd simply like to get in touch with a person on our lead team directly, click the button below.