Where we come from:
First Church was founded in 1956 and has sought to serve the spiritual needs of Charlotte ever since. We are Apostolic in our heritage, Spirit-filled in our style. Our current bishop, David T. Elms served between 1975 until present. Nathan Elms, our Lead Pastor, has served since 2000.
Where we're headed:
It is our passion to be a church that is planted within the Charlotte area like a Tree of Life. Broken people partake and are made whole. Sick people partake and are healed. Spiritual orphans partake and find themselves adopted. These things happen at First Church, and we celebrate them as testimonies of divine love.
What this means for you:
What does this mean for you?
• We will accept you as you are, where you are.
• We will nurture and encourage spiritual growth within your life.
• We will provide you a place to Know and Be Known.
• We will seek to help you develop your spiritual gifts.
• We will strive to be a Safe Place, in every way.
• We will strive to help you carry your burdens through prayer and encouragement.
• We will be a good steward of your generosity.
You're welcome at First Church. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you're at in your faith journey, you'll always be accepted as part of the First Church family.